How does a coaching session look like?
The coaching sessions can be very different, both because they can have different time frames and because it depends a lot on the needs of the coachee. Therefore, there are high chances that the interaction I have with you to be completely different from the interaction I have with other people in a 60-minute coaching session.
But I can tell you that all the coaching sessions are built on the same process, no matter the role that you may have (entrepreneur, manager, parent, dance instructor, triathlete, etc). All I’m doing is asking questions and listening carefully to what you’re saying, so I make sure I create the needed awareness so you can take responsibility over your life.
The questions I ask are not the same for everyone. I don’t have a list of questions and I don’t think such a list is helpful. People are different and would be absurd to think that the same question brings the same answers from everyone. I learned this early enough and I gave up any form of control – after all, having a list of questions is nothing more than a form of control.
Even though the questions are not the same for everyone, the structure of the coaching sessions is clear to everyone involved.
We’ll start from a vision you may have, we’ll talk about goals, your efforts towards these goals, the obstacles, and options that you have, and finally we’ll set practical things to do so you can start right away.
Everything we discuss is confidential and I’ll ask for your approval in case there’s anything from our coaching sessions I want to use outside the coaching sessions.
There are 3 types of coaching sessions.
1. 60-minute coaching session
Comparing this session with the next two ones, this is the most straightforward.
The time we have is very limited and you will be much more advantageous if you check one of the available tools. All the tools are free and each tool comes with a lot of practical information and 3-6 personalized activities connected to the practical information.
If you were thinking about only one 60-minute coaching session, it might be better for you to re-evaluate your decision and take a look at the tools available.
To make sure you get the best out of your time and money, it’s recommended to schedule 6 coaching sessions of 60 minutes each. During these 6 sessions, we’ll set and discuss about 2 to 4 objectives.
2. 180-minute coaching & mentoring session
Availability: Skype/Zoom or face-to-face
This is the type of coaching session that goes deep into the core of a specific problem that you may have.
To prepare for this type of coaching session, make sure you prepare one to three life directions where the obstacles seem to have multiplied lately and you didn’t manage to move on as much as you desired.
This session can be done both on Skype/Zoom or face-to-face, in case both of us are available at the same location.
3. One month of coaching & mentoring – currently not available in this format
Availability: Skype/Zoom and face-to-face
The month of coaching is designed for those who desired a long-term solution and want to continue the development process through self-coaching methods after the month of coaching is over.
While at the end of the 60-minute and 180-minute coaching sessions you’ll have more clarity and practical steps for your next phase, the month of coaching ends with practical activities and information organized as a tool. Therefore, two weeks after the coaching month has ended, I’ll email you a PDF document with the tool that will help you coach yourself.
In the month of coaching, there are 4 sessions:
- 1st coaching session: 180 minutes on Skype/Zoom;
- 2nd coaching session: 5 hours face-to-face;
- 3rd coaching session: 180 minutes on Skype/Zoom;
- 4th coaching session: 5 hours face-to-face or on Skype/Zoom.
General notes for the coaching & mentoring month
- The tool you get at the end of the month: I’ll need around two weeks to create the tool – everything inside will be designed especially for you.
- After each coaching session, you’ll have practical activities that you’ll have to do by the next coaching session – make sure you have the time and you want to invest your time.
- In case you want to extend our collaboration by one extra month, you’ll get your tool at the end of the second month, after the collaboration has ended.
- For the face-to-face sessions, I usually take responsibility for any fees involved. I come to your city if possible, pay for my accommodation and food, rent a place where we can have the coaching session, and so on. You don’t have to worry about any of this. On the other hand, if you want to visit the city I live in, you’re free to do it.
- The 5-hour sessions can have plus/minus one hour, depending on how the session goes.
This being said, feel free to fill in the form below.