When it comes to better understanding yourself, it’s important to be able to ask yourself questions. Self-coaching is a powerful tool for personal development and that’s why the below list of powerful questions will come in handy.
Before you start reading and answering them, I recommend you have a specific situation in mind. Something that you’re currently going through. Some questions may apply to your situations and others may be general.
Oh, and one more thing. If you truly want to get the most out of answering these questions, write your answers down, on a piece of paper.
What happens in our brain when we write?
According to science, the more you write, the more neural connections are formed.
These connections can help you improve your thinking (the way you organize and structure your thoughts and ideas) and your problem-solving skills. When you write, all areas of your brain are active.
WHY questions: 20 powerful questions that start with WHY
- Why did you do it?
- Why aren’t you satisfied yet?
- Why do you still care?
- Why is it such a big deal?
- Why do you feel like this?
- Why are you stuck?
- Why do you believe it will happen?
- Why isn’t there something else?
- Why are you here?
- Why are you still trying?
- Why do you want it so badly?
- Why isn’t it simpler?
- Why are you behaving this way?
- Why can’t you move on?
- Why does it have to be like this?
- Why do you believe you’ll have results this time?
- Why are you still looking for improvements?
- Why do you feel it’s going to change?
- Why is there hope left?
- Why is everyone else acting like that?
WHO questions: 20 powerful questions that start with WHO
- Who are you when you are alone?
- Who has influenced your life the most?
- Who helped you change your mind?
- Who made it like that?
- Who are you competing with?
- Who is going to take care of it?
- Who are you blaming it on?
- Who is there for you when you need help?
- Who makes your life better when you are sad?
- Who are you going to be 10 years from now?
- Who made you suffer the most?
- Who supports you no matter what?
- Who is your most loyal friend?
- Who can help you improve your life?
- Who makes you behave like a child?
- Who will take care of you when you’ll be 80 years old?
- Who are those that inspire you the most?
- Who makes you feel safe?
- Who is someone you wouldn’t want to be?
- Who makes you feel unique?
WHAT questions: 20 powerful questions that start with WHAT
- What makes you brave?
- What are you going to do about it?
- What are your goals in life?
- What is the one thing that keeps you stuck in your past?
- What makes you happy?
- What does it take for you to make a radical change?
- What do you want your life to be in 10 years?
- What are you capable of doing in a situation of crisis?
- What can change in the next 24 hours?
- What makes you live in the present moment?
- What feels different when you are at peace?
- What makes you think you have to work harder than now?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What is something you wouldn’t change about yourself?
- What is one thing that others can’t understand about you?
- What does everyone else expect from you?
- What can you do today to feel better about yourself?
- What are you afraid of when it comes to your intimate life?
- What do you feel when you are surrounded by the wrong people?
- What isn’t perfect in your life?
Did you know that optimistic people can endure pain 30% longer?
How optimistic are you?
Did you know that optimism is connected to motivation, coping, and well-being? It is. And it is also connected to depression and doubt and many other things.
Click the button below and grade each of the 10 statements on the screen. It takes less than 3 minutes and you get your results right away.
WHERE questions: 20 powerful questions that start with WHERE
- Where did you feel safe last time?
- Where are you heading towards?
- Where do you feel the most pain in your body?
- Where is your best friend when you need their support?
- Where are you going to move when life will happen the way you want?
- Where do you want to go alone?
- Where will you never be able to travel?
- Where do you want to go but you’re not wanted anymore?
- Where is it going to happen if you keep doing things according to your plan?
- Where do you keep your old memories?
- Where do you feel you need to make improvements?
- Where do you feel you can be yourself?
- Where is one place you feel afraid to go to?
- Where do you want to spend the last 10 years of your life?
- Where did you become emotionally strong?
- Where do you want to create a safe space?
- Where is something hidden from everyone else but you?
- Where would you want to be right now?
- Where did you cry last time?
- Where do you feel in total control?
WHEN questions: 20 powerful questions that start with WHEN
- When are you going to make a change?
- When was the last time you feel proud of yourself?
- When do you feel like you have no time left?
- When do you feel safe to share your feelings?
- When does it make sense to quit?
- When can you spend more time with your loved ones?
- When will you feel successful?
- When do you expect to have the life you want to have?
- When will all the pain go away?
- When will you feel good about what you are currently doing?
- When will you start to take care of yourself?
- When was the last time you felt like you had no options left?
- When will you start focusing on what’s important to you?
- When are you going to love yourself?
- When do you usually get involved more than you should?
- When was the last time you gave a compliment to someone?
- When are you going to stop chasing the wrong people?
- When will you be comfortable with yourself around others?
- When does it hurt the most?
- When will it make you happy again?
HOW questions: 20 powerful questions that start with HOW
- How is it different this time?
- How are you going to improve your life one year from now?
- How are others hurting you?
- How do you feel when nobody pays attention to your efforts?
- How do you want your children to behave when they’ll be your current age?
- How can you inspire others?
- How can you make more money with the resources you currently have?
- How did you think two years ago that your life is going to be today?
- How often are you willing to have an argument with other people?
- How do you manage the chaos inside your life?
- How would you want to live your life?
- How do you expect others to behave around you?
- How can you make others care about you?
- How do you feel when others are vulnerable around you?
- How much time are you going to invest to make it happen?
- How do you want to feel every morning when you wake up?
- How happy would it make you feel to live alone for the next three years?
- How brave are you in your current situation?
- How much your parents loved you when you were young?
- How are you sure you’re doing the right thing?
With love and optimism,
What did you learn?
What are some valuable things you learned by asking yourself powerful questions?
I would love to know what you think, so share your insights with me using the form below.